Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development
National Office for Regional and Local Development
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANT SERVICES - LOCAL INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT) ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST
Implementation of the Moldova Water Security and Sanitation Project (P173076)
Moldova Water Security and Sanitation Project (MWSSP) is a World Bank-financed Project to be implemented by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development (MIRD). The Project was signed on April 22, 2022, with expected effectiveness 120 days after signature date. The Project itself will have a duration of five years and aims to increase access to improved water supply and sanitation services in selected rural areas and towns, and to strengthen institutional capacities for water supply and sanitation service delivery.
I. OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The objective of the assignment is to support the National Office for Regional and Local Development (the Project Implementation Unit (PIU)) under the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development (MIRD) in the implementation and oversight of environmental aspects related to Project implementation. The environmental specialist will be a part of the core PIU team. The environmental specialist is expected to lead, management and coordinate timely environmental standards implementation and ensure compliance with World Bank and national requirements of the Republic of Moldova. The environmental specialist shall ensure that all environmental aspects are integrated into MWSSP activities in line with the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) documents that were prepared prior to Project Approval.
II. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in environment, natural resources management sciences, or a related field;
- A minimum of 7 (seven) years of relevant work experience;
- Proven experience in working with private or public sector to identify environmental risks, develop mitigation measures to ensure compliance with good international practice and preparation of Environmental Assessments / Management Plans for governmental organizations, NGOs and/or local communities;
- Previous experience with international organizations; working experience in environmental assessment for development projects, and familiarity World Bank's ESS and procedures an advantage.
- Knowledge on Project Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Knowledge of national environmental legislation;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically and synthesize diverse environmentally related data and information;
- Experience in planning and conducting public consultation meetings with different stakeholders;
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders;
- Proficiency in English and Romanian languages.
- Computer skills (MS Office and familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project).
III. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The main workplace of the Environmental Specialist will be in Chisinau, sometimes he/she will have to activate in emergency conditions and carry out his / her activity in other localities of the country.
The Environmental Specialist is hired on a contract basis. After the expiration of the term of employment the contract may be extended based on the evaluation of the employee's activity subject to common agreement.
The selection of the Consultant will be conducted in accordance with the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers - Procurement in Investment Project Financing. Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016, and revised in November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their expressions of interest and CVs, with the mark MWSSP ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST not later than June 16, 2022, local time 17:00 at the e-mail address: email@example.com
For more details please see TERMS OF REFERENCE